Thursday, February 11, 2010

Surprise

Surprising how much my heart keeps opening to you
How you have it
How you move it
Like a fissure in a mountains terrain
My heart split open
The molten lava within brews hotter and hotter
It makes me warm at times it frightens me
Mother Nature has her calm
But sometimes her banks of untamed emotions erupt
Unreined
Frightening
How do you tame the heart, when its crack keeps widening
Engulfing you – engulfing me

So I pray,
Father you built… made… created this, created you, created me
Be that third string, that thread that holds us together
Safely
Reining us in and reigning within
His form of love, that rules Mother Nature… says when the tide must roll in
Love like a calm, budding like the spring, growing stronger daily, flourishing
Flowering, nourishing ….
Water brooks flowing, its sounds calming, its song restoring
Yes my heart keeps opening to you … though now… it’s calling for its maker to propel it fall or rise
That the Maker makes his mark in us… his love our daily Sunrise surprise….

No comments: